Collate and prepare Users Information to Import into your Event.
- Create a Tenant
- Create an Event
- Within the Admin Tools Dashboard, navigate to 'Import" via the black navigational bar on the left-hand side of the platform.
- From this page, click "Import Users" which will now open up the next page where you can now download your CSV file. You can find the CSV file template via the purple "Download Import Template" link as per below image. When you click this link, the CSV template will download to your computer for you to then input your data.
- When you have completed inputting your data, you will need to ensure your document is saved as a CVS UTF-8 (Comma-delimited) (.csv) file. You may need to "Save As" your document to ensure it's saved as this file type.
- Please refer to the below table to note the fields which are required for a User Import.
CSV Column Letter Column Name Mandatory (Yes/No) URL SLUG Information/Notes A id No B title No C first_name Yes D last_name Yes E Yes This needs to be a unique email. If the User already has a User Profile, their record will not be imported and you will receive an error message, similar to the below example but stating that the "User already exists" F phone No G client_id No H company No I job_title No J state No K country No L external_id No
- Once you have completed all of the details within the CSV file, you can now go back to the Platform to import your data. (/admin/users/import)
- Before the commencement of your import, always check to ensure your Trigger Notifications are set to either TRUE or FALSE based on what you require. (/admin/emails)
Please refer to Trigger Notifications for further information about how these function.
- It's always good practice to import only 1 User as a test, to ensure this imports correctly before you import the whole document.
Within the Users Import page, you will need to click "Choose File" and upload your CSV. Once your file has uploaded with the name of the file next to the button, you can now press "Submit" and commence the import process.
- The Import may take a few minutes to complete based on how many Users are within the document. You can refer to the Users Admin page (/admin/users) to check in on the progress of the import, refreshing every so often to ensure you are seeing the most up to date User list.
- If any of your columns are not completed correctly for a successful import, you will receive an email which outlines the errors. Where there is an error in your document, the import will cease at this row, and not import anything after this error/row. An example of an error is as per below, this CSV did not have an Event ID in the relevant column and therefore did not import. If you do have any errors in your CSV, you will need to rectify these and complete the import/upload process again.
You can also see your successful or failed imports at the bottom of the imports page. They will show within this section
- Once your import/upload is complete, it's also good practice to cross check to ensure all of the Users have imported correctly.
Once complete, all your Users inputted into your CSV file will now be imported into the Platform and will available within the Users admin page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.