Scheduled Notifications are created to be sent at a specific time and can contain a range of content. These are perfect for in-event advertising, notification/update publishing, & helpful reminders from the Event Organisers. While Scheduled Notifications can be sent as emails, they are most often used as in-platform notifications.
- Create Scheduled Notification
- Created a Tenant
- Created an Event
- At least one User for the Notification to be sent to
- Within the Admin Tools Dashboard, navigate to 'Global Setup' then 'Events' via the black navigational bar on the left-hand side of the platform.
- Click the pink toggle 'Event Features' button to access the Event Features page.
- Scroll down to 'Enable User Notifications' and switch to Enabled.
- Scroll down and click 'Submit' - this will add a bell icon to the top menu bar of the platform and link to /notifications
- Navigate to 'Notifications' then 'Scheduled Notifications' via the black navigational bar on the left-hand side of the platform.
- Click 'Create Scheduled Notifications'.
- Within the 'Notification Title' field, enter what you'd like to name the Notification.
- Within the 'Notification Content' field, input the content for the Notification. The content should be kept short and concise (up to 160 characters).
- Under 'Choose Event', select the applicable event.
- Under 'Choose Users', select the Users you'd like the Notification to be sent to. You can choose a category and/or individual Users.
- Under 'Choose Delegate Types', select the Delegate Type/s you'd like the Notification to be sent to.
- Within the 'Send Notification At' field, input the date and time you'd like the Notification to be sent. Please note you must input the date/time in the Event time zone.
- Under 'Send Notification Via Email', tick the box if you'd like the Notification to be sent via email also. We recommend against this given this is a short and snappy message and would come through as a very small/short email.
- If you would like the Notification to be sent via Email also, you'd need to Enable this Trigger Notification: pusher_notification
- Click 'Submit' or 'Save and Add Another'.
- When a Notification sends, a '1' will appear in red on the bell icon on the top menu bar for applicable Delegates. The Delegate can click the bell icon on the top menu bar to navigate to their Notifications page to read the Notification (as well as view any previous Notifications).
- We'd recommend arranging no more than 3-4 Scheduled Notifications per day so as to not overload Delegates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.